Join the Team
AccessNow is made up of a team driven by purpose and passion.
Watch this page for opportunities to join us in building an accessible world.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Teams & Open Positions
Role: Full-Stack Software Developer
AccessNow is looking for a Full-Stack Software Developer to join our team. As a Software Engineer you will be required to develop and participate in activities related to the planning, design, delivery and successful implementation of emerging technologies solutions for the AccessNow App. The role demands involvement in all stages of the development using different technologies: Prototyping, data engineering, backend and frontend development
As a Software Developer at AccessNow you will experience the entire development cycle, from requirement definition to testing.
What you will do:
- You will be working with AccessNow teams to define system architecture, design and processes.
- Develop end-to-end features using a wide range of technologies in multiple environments: frontend, backend and databases
- You will take part in rapid Proof-of-Concept development sprints where we develop a whole new idea from scratch in a couple of weeks
- Test what you have built, improve and iterate until you get it right
- Manage cloud-based database systems
- Maintain data integrity and high availability of database systems
- Handle configurations for Postgres, Redis, Cosmos DB, and other database systems
- Triage, fix, or escalate system and database issues
- Collaborate with team to design and implement CI/CD pipelines in AWS/Azure cloud based on software development workflow and technical stack
- Contribute to the evolution of a continuous improvement culture, identify and lead opportunities to introduce efficiencies, automate repetitive tasks and apply expert judgement to operationalize processes.
- Maintain currency on industry trends affecting database technologies and work with manager to contribute to development of standards, operational procedures and best practices.
- 3-4 years’ experience with some of Angular.JS/React.JS, React Native, NodeJS, HTML, SQL
- 3+ years and a proven record of success in administration or support of cloud infrastructure and deployed applications for enterprise in public clouds such as AWS/Azure
- Experience with Micro Services/Event Driven Architecture and Development.
- Hands-on with Cloud environment and DevOps
- Experience with code merging and branching methodologies using Git. Experience with relational databases
- Solid knowledge of networking, operating systems, storage concepts and experience operating database servers in virtual, physical and cloud-based environments like Heroku, Azure and AWS
- Experience with CI/CD programs, such as AWS CodeBuild, CodePipeline, Jenkins etc.
- You can write infrastructure automation and CI/CD scripts and you manage of CI/CD pipelines and performance assessment and monitoring.
- Solid knowledge of physical, logical database design and schema design principles with demonstrated aptitude to apply standard methodologies for scalable designs and influence developers
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- Experience working on mobile applications a must
You will be noticed if you have experience with:
- Innovative and creative approach to product research and design
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- WCAG 2.0 AA Standards
- Experience working for a startup company
- Experience in GIS
What you bring:
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Possess excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of change
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- A team player who builds strong relationships based on trust and integrity
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate and determined
- A continuous learner
- Follow through consistently on work commitments
- A real passion for accessibility
- Eligibility to work in Canada
*People with lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply.
AccessNow is committed to providing equal hiring opportunities for all. We value diversity and inclusion and have worked hard to create a culture where individual differences are recognized, respected, and celebrated. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age. We welcome and celebrate all people.
If you are a person who requires accommodation please reach out and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We’re looking forward to meeting you.