Join the Team
AccessNow is made up of a team driven by purpose and passion.
Watch this page for opportunities to join us in building an accessible world.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Teams & Open Positions
Role: Creative – Product Designer
Looking for a chance to create something for good? At AccessNow our goal is to be the number one trusted source for accessibility information globally. We are looking for a Product Designer to join our team who will be responsible for contributing designs to the end-to-end experience across all digital properties, including online mobile and future offerings.
What you will do:
- Lead the design of product and feature development from start to finish; including customer journey mapping, scenario creation, pixel perfect mocks and prototypes for all digital channels (online, tablet, mobile, kiosk)
- Conduct usability testing with customers throughout the design process – from early paper prototypes, clickable mock ups and fully functional prototypes
- Proactively identify and anticipate user expectations and needs
- Juggle multiple projects at different stages of development (i.e. concept, build, etc)
- Lead and facilitate stakeholder alignment workshops using various design methodologies, including co-creation sessions, sketching, and design sprints
- Utilize the right medium to communicate your vision, whether it be sketches, mocks, etc
- Work closely with technology and product management teams throughout the development cycle, creating new concepts and iterating quickly on designs when technical roadblocks are met
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years in product design for web and mobile channels
- Proven track record in translating business needs into product experience initiatives
- Strong portfolio showcasing user-centered product products / services shipped, including new feature/experience development from start to finish and/or full site redesign experience
- Innovative and creative approach to product research and design
- Expert in Sketch, Invision, Framer, and other design tools
- Expert in design research; this includes field research, user interviewing, usability and A/B testing
- Strategic and analytical thinking with a comfort presenting recommendations
- Strong communication skills with an ability to tell compelling stories about the work
- Ability to lead and facilitate design workshops and co-create sessions and design sprints is an asset
- Knowledge of service design and design thinking is a strong asset
- Knowledge of Product Management/Product Owner principles is a strong asset
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- Experience working on mobile applications a must
- Experience working for a startup company a bonus
What you bring:
- Strong organizational, writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Possess excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of change
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- A team player who builds strong relationships based on trust and integrity
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate and determined
- Egoless nature
- A continuous learner
- Follow through consistently on work commitments
- A real passion for accessibility
*People with lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply.
AccessNow recruits, hires, trains and promotes individuals in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations without regard to a person’s race, colour, religion, age, gender, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or other category. We welcome and celebrate all people.